The first chapter of The Retribution of Mara Dyer has been posted on USA Today’s book blog. If you want to read it.
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!!
I have goodreads now! I’d be so happy if you added me, my name’s Gillian :)
It would be really cool if I could get 6 more followers.😉
You know what? Go follow this blog! I swear if you like music (and everyone likes music) you’re going to love it!
It’s so sunny and warm outside and I have to finish an essay about eight pages until wednesday uugh I’m so upset -.-
Thank you so much! I heard of some of them already and I’m totally going to read them now! And even if I don’t read all of them in the next two weeks, I think I’ll keep this list in mind for when I need new books the next time :)
Yay! Have loads of fun with your reading! And stop by to tell me what you think of the books, I’d love to hear your opinion!
So my reading list changed a bit, but I really want to tell you about the books I read!
- Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins Woah I loved this one! It’s an easy read full of romantic and I think it’s perfect for summer. The story is nothing special and so are the characters - although they are really likeable - but they don’t have to be. I don’t know why I love this book so much, but I recommend it to everyone!
- Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater I always loved the Shiver trilogy and Sinner is the story of two characters from Shiver. The writing style is perfect - really poetic but not as much as in Shiver. But I think the story is a bit flat. There isn’t really a story beside the relationship between Isabel and Cole and I missed the wolves a bit. I think you should only read this if you loved Cole and Isabel in Shiver and you don’t expect a sequel to Shiver. But don’t missunderstand me, I really loved this book!
- To all the boys I’ve loved before by Jenny Han The story is really predictable but it does work! I really feeled with Lara Jean because there happens so much bad that was just coincidence and she just doesn’t deserve it. The only minus is the ending. Open endings are not always stupid but this one wasn’t necessary.
- If I stay by Gayle Forman I thought I’d love this book, but I think it’s totally overrated! There doesn’t happen anything, Mia just watches herself lying in a coma and haves flashbacks. It wasn’t a bad read but it’s not what I hoped it would be…
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi I needed to get used to the writing style but in the end I really loved it. The story reminds me of The Hunger Games and Divergent so it’s nothing new but I loved the writing style after I got used to it!
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare This was the perfect ending for The Mortal Instruments! Cassandra’s writing style is nothing special but it’s the story and the characters that are absolutely flawless. I cried and I laughed and I really think you should read this if you haven’t already!
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green To be honest I read this one already a few times. I always loved it, it’s my favourite book. So there’s nothing much to say - and if I start to talk about it, I won’t stop hahaha. I think everyone in the world should read it!
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare I was curious because I heard so much about The Infernal Devices. It was a usual Cassandra Clare book but although I loved The Mortal Instruments the story couldn’t really get me.. So I’d give it 3 of 5 stars - it wasn’t bad but I wouldn’t recommend it.
- We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han I don’t know if it’s the Jenny Han syndrome, but this ending was also.. bad. The rest of the book was perfect but I feeled like the characters deserved a better ending after 3 books. But anyway.. I really enjoyed the Summer trilogy besides the ending!
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer This one was really difficult to read for me. Maybe it’s because English isn’t my first language. In the end I couldn’t get into the story.. I read it only half and I think I’ll give it another try in a few weeks. I want to like it… really.. I don’t know why I couldn’t..
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell This was like Anna & the French Kiss one of my favourites this month! I already read Eleanor & Park and I liked it but Fangirl was so much better! It’s perfect for summer, an easy read and soo light! Sometimes it’s annoying when there’s a story within the story but I really loved the one about Simon and Baz and I almost wished it existed in real life!